Contact Info / Websites
Awh yeah. This is happening.
It's been a while, Newgrounds. A good long while... It's been AGES since I've done something remotely interesting for all of the grand fucking 12 people who look at my profile.
But that hiatus (or however you spell that word) is ABOUT TO BE PUT ON HIATUS.
I am now working part-time and have told my girlfriend "What's UP?!" in order to place the majority of my time towards finishing my first Album and EP, "Burn7's Currently Untitled Album And/Or EP". Also codenamed "The Incendiary EP" on account of my name being Burn7 and all. And I guess also because of the fire-related imagery, but I'm thinking of actually selling copies doused in gasoline. That part's still just an idea though.
I've been working on bits and pieces of this for a while, but haven't gotten down to really organizing it all and mixing/mastering and distributing it. That's something I intend on changing.
So, throughout the month I'll make updates on how I'm doing, what I'm doing, and how far along I am. Hopefully at least ONE person is interested. And has $4,000 to throw at me to fund another album. Because if not... After this one, I'm breaking my guitar, my amplifier and my computer and living the rest of my life as an Amish gentleman.
THE INCENDIARY EP
(All percents are complete and total estimations. I'm a musician, not a math magician. Unless they're 100%, then I'm pretty damn sure it's done. Or, at least, I'll be okay with uploading it in it's current form)
0) Combustion Dynasty (A Fiery Prologue)
- 100% Recorded, 100% Mixed/Mastered
1) Silverlight Is Just Mediocre (Original Title: "The Weredragon")
- 90% Recorded, 50% Mixed/Mastered
2) Falling Back (Cover of Zelda Gerudo Valley Remix by Darangen, VoX)
- 80% Recorded
- 75% Recorded
4) Reprimand, And Let It Go (VoX)
- 100% Recorded, 50% Mixed/Mastered
5) Infernal Domain (Original Title: "Fight The Devil!")
- 50% Recorded, 25% Mixed/Mastered
6) Pokeballs of Steel (Original Title: "Pokemon R/B Battle WiP")
- 30% Recorded
7) I Have Advanced (VoX)
- 90% Recorded, 75% Mixed/Mastered
8) The Obligatory Zelda Overworld Cover AND FRIENDS!(Original Title: "Zelda Cover WiP")
- 20% Recorded
- 20% Recorded, 0% Mixed/Mastered
10) Three Freaking Dragonites?!
- 5% Recorded
11) Conclusion Omega
- 100% Recorded, 50% Mixed/Mastered
12) Hellknights, For Breakfast!
- 70% Recorded, 25% Mixed/Mastered
13) Dragons > Unicorns
- 99% Recorded, 75% Mixed/Mastered
14) Universal Immolation (An Infernal Prologue)
- 0% Recorded
(?) 15) Dragon Master (Lance Detuned)
So I dropped a new song for Valentine's Day. Unlike what you were probably expecting from me (A song like "LOVE CAN DIE IN A FIRE"), it's actually about my current girlfriend. Which I know is going to make a lot of single people very unhappy. But hey, I sympathize with you. I was there for a damn long time, and I'd like to stay out of there as long as I can.
Sooo... I wrote a nice little tune about my girlfriend in the hopes she enjoys it. And hopefully doesn't say "Wow you spent the last few days not hanging out with me writing THIS PIECE OF SHIT?! We're done. Go die in a fire."
Then I will probably write a song called "LOVE CAN DIE IN A FIRE".
Oh yeah, also: I guess I'm making a news post every time I drop a song. Because... why the hell not!? Apparently some people care, so I might as well show them I care back.
... Somewhat :D
This thing is pretty damn sexy :3 I enjoy it thoroughly, and will enjoy continuing to submit my musical works to this amazing site!
In other news... THE INCENDIARY EP IS COMING MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!
***NEW THING I'M DOING****
Hey, you apparently listened to one of my songs because now you're here. So drop me a comment on what I should do next! I'm always taking suggestions and even though (for the most part) I write for fun, I also like to hear what you guys like.
Feedback is the only way I'm going to get any better. Otherwise all my shit is gonna end up sounding the same. I believe it's a thing called "Dragonforce Syndrome", which in it's early stages is also referred to as "Every Song Sounds The Fucking Same-Itis".
So drop me a line! Err Comment!
- I have a facebook. Simply search for "Burn7", and that should be me, or you can click that link over there. So add me, "Like" me, tell your friends, request songs, do all kinds of Facebook stuff. THANKS FOR BEING AN INDIE SUPPORTER! :D
- I don't have a lot of free time anymore. So if you ask me to do a song, if it's something that I don't really feel that motivated to do then I may not do it. I'm sorry, but it's what happens when you need money and have to get a job.
- I probably won't be responding to every single review anymore. I used to, and I took pride in doing so. But, again, due to the seriously limited amount of time that I can dedicate to Newgrounds and music stuff I just can't anymore. So if you're like "Why has he responded to every review but mine?" it's because I don't have time. I read every single one, I just don't respond to all of them anymore.
I'll update this post as time goes on, and leave a little "Edit date x/x/x" note on each update.
Thanks for listening to my stuff! You're all badasses!
Hey, I'm dirt goddamn poor but need a new/different guitar. Anybody got anything they were thinking of trading or getting rid of? I'm also willing to trade my current guitars as well. I'm looking to move up from what I have, but really anything would be nice.
I currently have a B.C. Rich Trace Warbeast with a few issues:
- (Using the linked picture as a reference) It has a rather large chip on the bottom left corner, and a few scratches in the finish on the back.
- I lost the mechanism to keep the whammy bar in it's place, so I have the bar i just can't keep it attached to the guitar. Because of this, the floyd rose is basically useless to me.
- The guitar's intonation is pretty bad when you get to the higher frets, which is easily fixable with a trip to Guitar Center (Or if you know how to do it. I'm just REALLY lazy about it).
- The jack is loose but it makes a solid connection.
I also have a Behringer iAXE 393 USB-interfacing guitar. I have used this only once or twice, and probably for no more than 30 mins each. There really isn't anything wrong with this guitar other than I don't really like the feel of it. The USB and headphone plug-ins work, and there is nothing physically wrong with it. I also have the CD that came with the guitar that includes 3 Native Instruments "Combo" digital amp demos and a serial code for the full version of one of those digital amps.
The last guitar I'm willing to trade would be my first guitar, an Ibanez Gio. This is an amazing low-mid range level guitar. As much as I love how easy this guitar is to play, it's not very well suited for my current needs.
I figured I'd ask around here before I go Ebaying/Craigstlisting since I would be using the guitar to write music to put on NG. You know, giving back to the community that gave to you and all that.
I hate to say it, but the EBoG might be over. I can't keep track of everything anymore, so I stepped down as the guy in charge. I'd love to see it continue, but it might not.
Sorry to everyone who was involved, sorry that we didn't get to the later rounds and that we didn't get to hear more solos.
I've decided to start recording guitar for anybody who wants me to. I've noticed there are a lot of people who would like a real guitar sound but don't have access to one. So I decided "Screw it, why the hell not help someone out?". I am doing this for free, just PM me or add me on either MSN or Skype and we'll talk.
So do you have a synth guitar that you'd like to sound more realistic? Ask me to do it for you! Have a solo that you wish sounded cooler? Let me give it a shot!
Also, I suppose Mercenary is the wrong term since I'm not charging anything. But I think I'd rather go with that then "Burn7, Guitar Whore".
FINALLY My cast is off and I can once again metal it up. I'm not quite as good as I used to be, but I'm trying to make up for that with some hardcore biting riffs and facemelting technical solos.
So HERE'S part 1 of what is to become my future: Metal explosiveness.
So... yeah. I exploded my fingers. So for about 3 weeks I wont be able to record anything, or even type with 2 hands.
I've decided to put out the current version of my Zelda Soundtrack Cover since it will be such a long time before it will be finished.
Hope you enjoy it, and I'll be back in 3 weeks!
Also, here's what my hand looks like
Since I've been asked quite a bit, here's all of my equipment and whatnot.
DAW Platforms and Audio editing stuff:
- Cubase 5
- Acid Pro 7.0c
- Sound Forge 9.0c
- Finale 2009
VST and VSTI's:
- XLN Audio's Addictive Drums
- Native Instruments Pro-53
- Garritan Aria: Instruments for Finale 2009
- Tweakbench Peach
- Tweakbench Triforce
- Tweakbench Toad
- Native Instrument's MASSIVE
- Magnus Choir
- BC Rich Warbeast (Tuned to D standard/Drop C)
- Peavey FURY II Bass Guitar
- Line 6 Spider III 75w Amplifier
- Digitech RP90 Processor
- A shitload of cables and connectors.