Reneto Reneto

Cool... Where's the rest of it?

The melody? The synth pads? The bassline? Some vocals, even repetitive soundbites from your local news station! Something else other than just 4 to the floor thuds. Your other songs have substance to them, what happened to this one?

Currently this is a lot of drums on top of other drums mixed with drums and more drums. I mean, it's cool. But frankly it sounds like a bunch of banging without purpose. The banging has tight rhythm to it and if that's what you're going for you've succeeded.

I apologize if when you're reading this, it comes across as overly-critical or negative. It's not my intention, but you DID ask for feedback so here it is:

GIVE IT SOME SOUL, BROSEPH!

MichaelByrd responds:

that was the point, but thx for the feedback

It Was Sunny It Was Sunny

This is rather chill, I quite dig it. It's very minimalist and works quite well as a single cohesive piece. Love that use of space and panning. Hot melody around 2:00, although I think I hear your piano clipping O.o

Additional EQ would do this well, I promise :) Give your kickdrum an 80hz bump and remove lows from your piano for audio fidelity improvements. Unless you already did these things and my old ears can't tell anymore :P

Although it's not typically what I'd choose to listen to, I'm glad I did. Good work on this!

rsonbie456 responds:

Thanks for this awesome review! Yeah, I agree that additional EQ needs to be done. I have since improved piano recordings, so hopefully my future songs will have less clippings and distortions in piano sounds!

I'll take your advice on the kickdrum and lows! I definitely can do some more practice with EQing.

Thanks for listening! :D

DOOM Tribute - Hangar DOOM Tribute - Hangar

Ugh omg you actually did the trilly quick part at the verse changes!!!

I was planning on doing this song but couldn't get over how ridiculous those things are. So I think you kindly for doing this shit complete justice.

Bobby Prince would be proud as fuck.

Tremulos responds:

Haha well the guitar in this is actually programmed, so don't be impressed. I can't even play the rest of this riff this fast yet. Glad you enjoyed it though; thanks for the review!

Meltdown Meltdown

Give it just a touch more glitch and you'll be my new favorite spinner.

But you seriously need to learn to mix/master. Like a boss. Compression, son. Compression.

OH YEAH! And swap drumkits about midway through the song, it gives your percussion some variety. Which is something this genre needs.

I'm not going to review every one of your songs on here because I have a day job now FUCKING SIGH but keep being good and you'll go far.

NuSexy-Metaljonus NuSexy-Metaljonus

Holy christ, I forgot how much I love your riffs and tunage man.

Your drums are beautiful, your guitar tones are epic as balls, your tags are excellent, your solos make me weep tears of blood, your rhythms are like miniature masterpieces of timing and execution.

If you ever stop writing music, I will seriously come find where you live and gorrilla glue a guitar and pick to your body so you have no choice. Because there is NO reason on this planet for someone such as you to ever stop being so fucking excellent.

Professor Chaos Reigns.

Metaljonus responds:

LOL! You're funny dude! I'm not going anywhere. I can promise you that! I've been wanting to redo PC for a while. Maybe i'll get around to it. Thanks for listening dude!

Kawaii VA Shit Kawaii VA Shit

Well that's one fucking way to break into the voice acting world.

The other would involve whatever is happening 30 seconds in. A lot. Like 8 times a day.

Exit Strategy Exit Strategy

I love you

FS: Hegira FS: Hegira

Holy fucking fuck, it's so harmonious.

I don't know what "BreatheLeoda" is talking about, KEEP the drums. Fuck, make them MORE real-sounding, they're excellent. Samples are entirely personal preference. You can't please everyone with your drums no matter what you do... But they fit right in with the synth composition which is, while not "traditional", varied and functional. I agree that a bit of 'verb and maybe a light (or heavy) chorus-effect on a few of the instruments could go a long way.

I feel like the thing I like most about this is the actual composition of the piece. The note selection in relation to melodies and rhythmic moving dynamics... I don't know if that makes sense but it's staggeringly shmexy. I'm sure this took quite a bit to put together, so I downloaded it as a token of appreciation for this being a freakishly cool work.

FairSquare responds:

Thanks man! And yeah.. i like composing more than all that mixing and mastering stuff :p
I'm glad you like the drums. I do too.
But really, thanks for the feedback, i appreciate it!

Minding your P's and Q's Minding your P's and Q's

Well, it's official.

You're a piratey, guitar-toting badass. If I ever have the chance to fill a solo with a guest spot, you're number 1 on my list. I know you've probably heard this before, but this song made my penis cry tears of milky ecstasy. Then those tears became a river, then an ocean, and the only thing left afloat over the entirety of this world was a single man, a man with a mean face and a sick rhythm hand.

That man, was you.

RobSoundtrack responds:

Wow man wow
Thanks so much for the really nice words!!
Call upon me any time! You might get a phone call as well.

Two Gay Rams Two Gay Rams